Pages

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Mount Rainier



As many of you know, we live in the shadow of this beautiful mountain. This picture really does not do it justice since you can't see the top of the mountain. I took this picture a couple of weeks ago. It is lush and green almost all year long. We are not called the "Emerald City" for nothing. Though to dispell the rumor, we get less rain in a year than Houston Texas. It is just that Houston gets all of its rain in about 2 weeks and ours is spread throughout the whole year. A little every day. ;)

Tim has been skiing on the mountain since January. He has rediscovered that he likes to ski. He is going to be taking Emily up snowshoeing in the next couple of weeks though. They really need to hurry before the snow gets really soft and icey. Just thought I would show you what we get to see on nice clear days.

1 comment:

wendy_d23 said...

ahw, I miss that mountain!