Pages

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Megerle Family arrive in Seattle

Rushell, Jeff and the "boys" arrived for a visit this past week. Rushell came mostly to run the half marathon that was going on here in Seattle. Tim and I were also registered to run with her. So after a late flight on Friday June 26, we headed for the start line on Saturday morning. I knew that it was going to be a long walk, after all 13.1 miles is a ways to go. After mile 1, Rushell started to run every other mile. I in my advanced age can not do such a silly thing so I continued to walk. After mile 6 I started to look for Jeff, who had said that he would rescue me if I needed it. Well the 10k marker came up and I really started to look for him. (10k is about 6.2 miles) No one can know how happy I was to round the bend at mile 7 and find Jeff and the three cutest little boys waiting for me. Rushell and Tim both finished the half marathon. Something I don't understand but am proud that they acheived what they set out to do.
We then rested for the next day and then we were off to the Pacific Scienc Center for some fun with the boys. Rushell's friend Tara has a family pass so she went with us and we all got in for free! Tara also has a little boy named Dalin who is just over 2 so he fit in with the other 3 boys quite nicely.



We also made it to the beach. The weather here has been so wonderful and warm. The Seattle skyline is one of the more lovely things to see here so we went to our favorite fish place and ate dinner by the water.Did I mention that Emily and Marie are also here. They of course have been with us on our many adventures, except the run. Hmm..Kelly has raised some very smart girls!Can you see why they sing about our blue sky? When we can see it, it is very Blue!

No comments: